Let me jab to be open-minded. My valuable time on researching about the PHP Frameworks provides me a great time with more information and the ability to find the perfect one in my point of view. It doesn’t refer that other frames apart from the one I have listed are deficient. It was a hard way along for me with lots of work and time to find the perfect framework that satisfies my thirst.
The most preferable Restful PHP Frameworks are:
- Fat-Free Framework
- Recess PHP
- The One Framework
- Wave Framework
1. Bullet PHP [?]
Bullet PHP is a micro PHP framework which is resource-oriented, is build around HTTP and defined URI’s. The Bullet, which is not a typical PHP micro framework, is easier when compared to other applications. It is simple, precise and concise with very little learning and with unlimited flexibility. The requirements for bullets include PH5.4, composer and auto loading.
Unique Features Of Bullet PHP Micro Frame Work:
- Super Flexible Routing: Most flexible routing system due to the declarative functional-style nested routing callbacks. Only one path segment at a time.
- Reduced Code Duplication (DRY): Taking the advantage of the nested closure routing system bullet PHP reduces code replication and provides cleaner routes.
- Unique Callback Nesting: Only closures and one URL segment are used at a time instead of providing the complete path pattern or the URL route. Repetitive code for loading records, checking authentication and other is eliminated due to unique call back nesting.
- Returning JSON: The response from the bullet is provided automatically when there is a request from the route handler because of its built-in support.
2. Fat-Free Framework [?]
The lustrous Fat-Free frame known as F3 is an attractive tool used in the web design.
- Due to its suppleness it’s becoming legendary use in a wide range of improved PHP languageversions.
- Learning this tool is effortless and heavily result oriented.
- Creating templates using this tool trims down the length of the program and thereby shrinks the time consumption to a larger extent.
- Due to its similarity to other PHP tools, individuals with an acquaintance of PHP tools can make use of F3 without trouble.
- F3 facilitate us to script more explicable and consistent program.
- It has database migration which helps in extending the interfacing and data mapper for easy working with SQL.
- It has built in testing frameworks.
- It is a more protected frame work so it is secure.
- This is more parallel to Sinatra of Ruby Language and its has more living forms than Sinatra.
- It is talented of data validation.
- This minuscule code base is just 65Kb and provides hassle free installations and usage. It has the capabilities of doing out JAVA.
- It acts as a stage in the operating system with the GNU General Public License.
3. Limonade [?]
- Limonade is a used in the lower versions of PHP language for speedy design of websites and creating models.
- This acts as fundamental set of the PHP and it is more tiny, bendy and trouble-free.
- Being a simple tool, it is easier to understand and get educated.
- It is easy to install and run it, since it is smaller in size and occupies lower space.
- Instead of describing as an application class, Limonade’s can be said as a single collection case.
- It covers all aspects that are covered by modern tools like MVC and REST.
- The route is bonded between a ULR and HTTP method.
- The code which is provided is used in call back controller function to return the rendered view point.
- The templates can be located by default and also can be rendered inside another template.HTML, XML, CSS, JS, and TXT, are used as render.
- Flash is a special use of sessions. A flash value will be available only on next request and will be deleted after. It’s very useful to raise errors on a form or to notice a successful action.
4. Phalcon [?]
The great work by Anders Gutierrez and his crew, which become available from 2012, is Phalcon. The web application framework for PHP based on MVC provides higher performance. The speed provides uniqueness for it. This open-source framework released in 2012 provides a C – language based ORM and provides the lowest overhead for MVC-based applications.
The Sparkling Features:
The Phalcon framework has sparkling features as follows:
- Ready to use classes and functions for any applications.
- Pre compilation property.
More requests can be handled in seconds that boosts the speed and reduce the usage of resources. Server requires administrative accesses in order to install it. Due to its unique features when compared with other frameworks it acts as the number one framework among developers.
5. Recess PHP [?]
Recess is a best tool of Restful PHP framework and working on recess gives a delightful experience. The feature, available on it makes it a beautiful tool to work and above all it’s a creative tool to be opted for business web design to meet up the expectation of the client/customer.
- Recess is supported by PHP of version 5.2.4 and above and also by Apache 2.x.
- The ability to host multiple applications simultaneously makes it a welcoming tool.
- It facilitates quick and high performance recess, library to handle class orderly.
Jog Your Route Smooth:
Like many other frame work Recess also uses routing machinery is the controller which helps to take the ULR request and director dispatch control to the required point in the application.
Advance routing techniques which make this tool execute more quality job of doing and fetching are:
- Relative routing and,
- Implicit routing.
Beats To Meet The Hour:
To serve the client, which is the primary object of the creation the views should be created responding by presenting and rendering which is excellently achieved by this tool by making it
- Extensible and
Lastly, coming to the template creation it is the place where most of the designer spends time and stylish templates are achieved by coupling with smarty views.
6. Silex [?]
To surprise, this micro framework of PHP helps to build a single tool application. Symfony2 and Pimple make the giant base for building this tool along with the inspiration of Sinatra.
Automated functional tests ensure that the codes created are working correctly and it saves a lot of time which is required to go through a number of pages to check whether the coding is working correctly and it has the availability of extensions to reach third party libraries by using Pimple micro service extension system.
- Easy way of testing the application and the framework by using the Symfony2 HTTP kernel to abstract request and response.
- Strictly follows the HTTP conditions of Symfony2 and promotes its proper use.
- Spontaneous and to the point API is pictured.
- The controllers are created and routed in a single step. Autoloader is the one required to access the framework.
- The route is matched by the route pattern which defines the lane to reach the point of resource location and by following HTTP method which describes the communication with the resource.
For global configuration where the controller settings are applied to all controllers like a middleware, a requirement, a converter or a default it can be achieved by configuring it to app controller which holds all application controllers.
7. Slim [?]
One of the micro frameworks of PHP is Slim with which web application can be created by doing simple and quick coding. It is also apt for the creation of APIs and for rapid prototypes. The core aspect of this micro framework is to receive the HTTP request and invokes a suitable call back routine and dispatches it to the HTTP response.
The important ingredients of slim are requesting and response which are immutable value objects.
Slim supports PSR 7 interface with its value objects, which makes it flexible for using any of PSR 7 implementation. The interface is done in the following methods:
- Methods for the transformation of the request and response objects with protocol version, header and body
- Methods for the transformation of the requests are with method, Uri, Cookie Params, Query Params, Uploaded files, Parsed Body and Attribute.
- Methods for transformation of Response object are Statues.
The app needs to be safeguarded from cross site forgery and the request need to be authenticated which is carried out by middleware. The middleware surrounds the core application in layers. The request and response from PSR 7 transverse from outer layer and reaches the core slim application. The resultant HTTP response route is dispatched from the slim and returned to the client.
8. Tonic [?]
Tonic is one of the micro frameworks of PHP for RESTful design of the web.
The specialty is that it uses the whole useable resources with the help of the ULR which locates the resources for the HTTP request that in turn is accessed by resource method. The class method applies all the logic and return the response object. Finally, the response object is converted into standard HTML or XML page and sent back to the client.
- The ULR is attached to the resources @URI comments. Multiple resources will be available as matching and the best fit resource from the numerous available resources is filtered by @priority comment. By adding namespace name in ULR –Space more transferable resource will be built.
- The HTTP request is accessed as a request object with the resource method in which the request contents and data are exposed via public property as a request header.
- To avoid performance penalty of syntactic analysis of resource comments, Tonic has two cache classes, one to store cache on disk and the other uses APC data store.
Another class can be routed by adding condition to methods by customization comments and only if all the conditions are agreed devoid of any Tonic exception the resources will be returned. The exceptions if any can also be handled in the dispatcher.
9. The One Framework [?]
The one framework PHP is magnificently feathery and tiny Restful micro framework which can be used to build basic Web 2.0 in a single file. This micro framework is based on Symphony and ExpressJS.
Specialties Of The One Framework PHP Is:
- Due to the speedy interfacing of the data structure with the database, quick handling of request and binding them together and generation of out the Web 2.0 design can be constructed faster.
- Loads of comments are shortened and so this RESTful micro framework is tiny and clean.
- The routing, auto loading and controller code for the services, the HTTP request, request objects, customized headers, response objects, classes, views and templates can be written short and quickly.
- As this tool is an independent tool the required additional libraries can be added as per the requirement.
However, this tool has not advocated for full mountain development or to create gigantic collections. If no other match is there for the request it responds all the requests.
This tool can be installed by including the one_framework.php in the project and to use the index.php as a front controller then .htaccess file from the root folder is copied and run the application.
10. Wave Framework [?]
Wave framework is a compact PHP micro-framework which does not include bloated libraries and its features is mainly made for the following:
- Web services.
- Web sites.
Most Important Qualities:
It supports native API architecture, caching and smart resource management. API commands acts as a heart of the wave framework. The class definition should be included in a wave framework controller. Comment based reports are generated with the help of the wave framework. Wave framework overrides the default PHP error and exception handling. It provides various features to the users and is strongly recommended for these valuable features like,
- Time efficiency in learning and usage
- Response compression
- JQuery support
- Complete UTF-8 support and
- Great documentation
The default view controllers and URL are available within it for building websites.