On this page we’re going to stroll through every one of the settings accessible to you in WooCommerce. You’ll discover data about General WooCommerce settings and also Product, Tax, Checkout, Shipping, Accounts, Email, and Webhooks settings. Take note that this is applicable from WooCommerce 2.3+.
To get started, go to WooCommerce > Settings. Then walk through the documentation below in each section.
The following are the choices to be made under the General Options tab.
Shop Base Location
Characterizes your shop’s base country and state (i.e., Where you are based as a vendor). It decides default charge rates and client areas.
Choose to sell to all countries or to particular countries. You can choose multiple specific countries or states. You can pick different particular countries or states.
Default Customer Address
Pick the area you accept site visitors from, before they enter it, to figure assessment and delivery.
- Shop base address tells the system to assume they are in the same location as your shop.
- No address gives them no location, and no taxes are calculated.
- Geolocate address verifies where their current location and calculates taxes accordingly.
Options that affect how prices are displayed on the front-end.
Currency: Choose the default currency for the store. Only one may be selected.
Currency Position: Choose the default currency position for prices: Left, Right, Left/Right with space
Thousand Separator: Choose the symbol to use for the thousand separator: 1,000 or 1.000
Decimal Separator: Choose the symbol to use for the decimal separator: 100.00 or 100,00
Number of Decimals: Choose how many numbers to display to the right of the decimal when displaying prices: 100.00 or 100
Settings for items and how they are shown, including picture sizes, stock and downloadable item settings.
In the General sub route area, Measurements and Reviews permits you to enter weight and measurements units for items, and enable/disable ratings on product reviews.
- Enable ratings on reviews.
- Ratings are required to leave a review.
- Show Verified Owner mark for client surveys. A verified owner is a customer who is logged in with their account and has purchased the product.
- Only allow reviews from verified owners.
- Shop Page: Select what page you need to be the default shop page. It need not be the shop page that WooCommerce introduced, or this can be skipped in the event that you utilize another technique to show items.
- Shop Page Display: Choose to show products, subcategories or both.
- Default Category Display: Choose to show products, subcategories or both.
- Default Product Sorting: Select to sort products by:
- Default product sorting (custom ordering + name)
- Popularity (sales)
- Average rating
- Most recent
- Price (ascending/descending)
- Add to cart behavior: Redirect to cart page after successful addition – Automatically takes customer to the cart page upon adding a product. Enable AJAX add to cart buttons on archives – Adds the ‘Add to Cart’ option to shop archive pages.
- Catalog Images
- Single Product Image
- Product Thumbnails
To edit your shop’s inventory options go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Product > Inventory.
Choose whether to enable stock management. If selected, you have these options:
- Hold Stock (minutes) – Hold products (for unpaid orders) for X minutes. When limit is reached, the pending order is cancelled. Leave blank to disable.
- Enable low stock notifications
- Enable out of stock notifications
- Notification Recipient – Enter email address for notifications.
- Low Stock Threshold – Number of products to trigger low stock notification
- Out Of Stock Threshold – Number of products to trigger out of stock status.
- Out Of Stock Visibility – Choose to hide out of stock items from catalog.
- Stock Display Format
- Always show stock – “12 in stock”
- Only show stock when low – “Only 2 left in stock” vs. “In stock”
- Never show amount
File Download Method
Controls how your store provides downloadable files to purchasers.
- Force Downloads – Records are ” forced’ ” to download by means of a PHP script. Documents are not available to anybody but buyers, and direct connections are covered up.
- X-Accel-Redirect/X-Sendfile – Like ” forced’ ” above, yet it has better execution and can support bigger documents. It requires that your hosting provider supports either X-Send file or X-Accel-Redirect, so you need to check with them first.
- Redirect only – A download URL connects the client to the document. Files are not protected from outside access.
- Select if downloads require login – Does not apply to guest purchases
- Grant access to downloadable products after payment – Enable to grant access to downloads when orders are Processing, rather than Completed.
Taxes can be a complex matter, but WooCommerce aims to make setup as straightforward as possible. To get started, go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Tax.
The tax tab displays several options that can be configured to suit your needs. Settings you choose are based on the tax jurisdiction under which your store is located.
Control settings for checkout pages and payment gateways.
Coupons: Select to enable the use of coupons – Coupons can be applied from the cart and checkout pages.
- Enable guest checkout – Allows customers to checkout without creating an account.
- Force secure checkout – Force SSL (HTTPS) on the checkout pages. An SSL Certificate is required, if selected.
- Force HTTP when leaving the checkout – Forces pages to load over HTTP instead of (SSL) HTTPS. Useful for certain gateways that require this.
Pages should be set so WooCommerce knows where to send clients to check out: Cart Page, Checkout Page, Terms and Conditions. You aren’t required to utilize the pages WooCommerce introduced, but you should have a page set for the Cart and Checkout pages. Generally your clients can’t purchase and pay without it.
Endpoints are appended to page URLs to handle specific actions during the checkout process. They should be unique.
Installed gateways are listed and can be dragged and dropped to control the order in which they display to customers.
- Enable shipping
- Enable the shipping calculator on the cart page
- Hide shipping costs until an address is entered
Ship to billing address by default or only ship to the user’s billing address.
Restrict shipping to Location(s)
Ship to all countries or specify countries you will not ship to.
Choose which shipping option is the default, enable and disable methods, and drag and drop to reorder.
Pages need to be set so WooCommerce knows where to send users to access account-related functionality.
My Account Page
Choose a page from the dropdown that you want to use for the My Account page.
My Account Endpoints
Endpoints are appended to your page URLs to handle specific actions on the accounts pages. They should be unique.
- View Order
- Edit Account
- Edit Address
- Lost Password
- Enable registration on the Checkout page
- Enable registration on the My Account page
- Display returning customer login reminder on the Checkout page
- Automatically generate username from customer email
- Automatically generate customer password
This section lets you customize WooCommerce emails.